Things To Know If You Are To Stop SmokingYou should understand that the fight to stop smoking starts from the moment when you have finally decided to quit.
However, it does not end there, because the hard part is when the withdrawal urges kick in and you find yourself on the verge of smoking again. These urges are just temporary in nature, and they too shall pass you just have to fight them when they manifest.
1. Patience is the key to winning over the battle against smoking. The truth is that this process is not easy, nor is it for a short period of time. Thus, you should be patient to deal with the rehabilitation for as long as it takes you.
2. Go through the process day by day. Do not think of how long the process will really take, instead live through the rehabilitation each day. You will soon notice that as each day passes, your craving to smoke gets weaker, and your strength to defeat such craving gets stronger.
3. Do not let yourself be bothered by negative thoughts which may only make you wanting to smoke again. By being constantly reminded of your purpose and your goal, you will be more motivated to end your smoking life and replace it with a healthier lifestyle.
4. During your rehabilitation, you should not forget to satisfy your other needs, such as food and water. A good diet and sufficient hydration can help you flush away the toxins from your body that has accumulated because of smoking. You should also keep your body physically fit, so exercise regularly and then take enough rest daily.
5. Refrain from drinking alcohol, because it may just trigger your urge to smoke. Some people cannot detach smoking from drinking, because these two are very much related to each other.
6. Being stressed will not help you in your struggle to stop smoking. It may only tempt you into releasing your stress through smoking. Thus, you should not be stressed out, especially during your withdrawal phase.
7. You would definitely feel the urge to smoke again, sometime in the middle of your rehabilitation. You may find yourself craving for the pleasure of smoking, but you should not give into the temptation. You should learn to repress this urge, and soon enough you will realize that you Air Jordan 1s are no longer feeling the drive to smoke.
8. The fight against smoking is a difficult battle. It would help a lot if you are able to find someone close to you, or some other people who are going Air Jordan Women Size through the same process just like you. It would Air Jordan 20s make your feel at ease and comfortable, and will give you a sense of security that you are not alone in this battle.
9. Do not think that smoking a single stick would not affect your rehabilitation. The moment you give in to this temptation, you will continue doing the same again and again; and all your previous efforts to quit will just be flushed down the drain. If it becomes really tough for you, you may ask for assistance from a counselor.
10. Hold on to your reasons for quitting. You should keep in mind that you are to stop smoking for a good reason, and this should be your motivation.
Here Is A Stop Smoking Resource For You To Check Out:
Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently (Penguin Health Care Fitness)This is a companion volume to “Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking”.
Ready To Stop Smoking: How To Deal With Habit CravingsMany smokers have been Air Jordan 9s smoking cigarettes for the past years, or even decade.
Smoking has become a part of their everyday routine, from the moment they get up from their bed in the mornings up to the time that lie down again for a goodnight sleep.
Just imagine how difficult it would be for them to stop smoking, a long Air Jordan 17s time habit in their routine, when they have been doing it for quite some time already.
This is the reason why when they decide to quit smoking, they still have some cravings from time to time; and at times give in to the urge.
Usually, smokers have really allotted a portion of their time for smoking alone.
And even without time, they can multi task and perform their other jobs while they puff a stick.
Just a few minutes is what they need to be able to finish one cigarette, and they can make sure that they have just the time to do so.
Fighting The Urge To LIght Up!Smokers can use all the excuses they can get just to be able to puff a cigarette.
You may see some people driving their cars with one hand holding a stick while the other holds the wheel. There are also times when you see a smoker light up a cigarette after a stressful event.
When people are having fun, dancing in the clubs, drinking alcohol, they too smoke. And the most common time when people smoke is right after a satisfying meal. When they are too full to do other things, they smoke because they feel that it helps them digest whatever they have eaten.
People who smoke can do so every time they feel like doing so. They may bring up excuses like stress, boredom, peer pressure or just the usual “it’s a part of me” excuse. The bottom line is that they have these urges and cravings which they feel should be satisfied right then and there. Smoking must have really been a part of their life.
But, if smoking is really a part of your life now, how would you handle these things when you have finally decided to stop smoking? The act of quitting alone is a difficult task, but the part where you have to eliminate a practice from your usual routine is a lot more difficult.
However, if you are really determined to live a healthier non smoking life, you will have a way to do so.
You may try to do other things in substitute for smoking. Some people who have tried quitting may recommend you to chew a gum instead of lighting a cigarette.